[CT Birds] Special Opportunity to Send Binoculars to the Amazon - deadline 12-14-17

SARAH FAULKNER sffaulkner at comcast.net
Fri Dec 8 22:41:36 EST 2017

Hi All,

Here is a wonderful, time-sensitive opportunity to help bring the joy of birding to the children of the Peruvian Amazon.  Please see the message below from Christa Dillabough from the Amazon Rainforest Workshops below.  This was the group I traveled with last summer to Peru through Cornell Lab of Ornithology.  I participated in bringing some bins to remote villages.  By teaching the children how to identify birds, we are helping them develop future careers as birding guides, both giving them and their communities income and simultaneously protecting the rainforest.  Please contribute if you can.

Sarah Faulkner, Collinsville

As you knowlast year we launched theAmazon Binocular Project http://amazonworkshops.com/amazon-binocular-project/ in an effort to get binoculars in the hands of Amazon students and teachersand the CLO BirdSleuth in theAmazon did the first delivery to Cesar and Percy!  As we mentioned, we launched this projectin memory of Lucio Pando, our fabulousbird guide, who passed away suddenly last year.    Now we want to provide them to more schools and will be working with Cornell Lab of Ornithology and the Explorama Guides to provide teacher education to go along with the binoculars too.

We have a HUGE opportunity to purchasekid friendly waterproof binocularsat a HUGE discount from Eagle Optics, but the deadline is very tight – we only have until Dec. 14thbefore the go out of business.

If YOU WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE  binoculars ($45 each, reduced from $95) in honor of Lucio and give Amazon kids the tools they need to explore their world, NOW’S YOUR CHANCE!

Here’s what to do:

1. Call Eagle Optics and ask for Adrian Lesak – 800-289-1132

2.Explain that you are purchasing binoculars for the Amazon Binocular Project and would like to purchase the Kingbird 6.5x32 binocular(s) @$45 each.

3.Have Adrian ship the binoculars directly to me at my home.  Christa Dillabaugh, 435 W. 61stStreet, Kansas City, MO 64113

4.You will get a tax reciept from the Amazon Binocular Project and the EcoTeach Foundation

5.I will take the binoculars down to the Amazon on my next trip (January 2018).

Christa Dillabaugh

Director, Amazon Rainforest Workshops

Educator Academy in the Amazon

website: http://www.amazonworkshops.com/