[CT Birds] OT: Scope recommendations

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Wed Dec 13 00:06:19 EST 2017

Such good suggestions!  Helpful to us all, surely.

1)  This is a 10-year investment or so.  $250 extra now is really about 50 ¢/week.  (I know I am ignoring accounting factors, but it gives scale.)

2)  Perhaps a moment to make pointed suggestions about gifts?

3)  I think more regret has been spilled over under-buying than over-buying.  Perhaps “stretch or skip” might be a good rule, or “Get good or go without”.  Stuart and Roy say things like this.

Good luck!  Enjoy what you get (or delay getting), and enjoy birding.
   Ta!  Arthur Shippee, Hamden.

Sent from my iPad