[CT Birds] 12/17 -- Brazos Road, East Haven -- drake Barrow's Goldeneye

Gina Nichol gina at sunrisebirding.com
Sun Dec 17 16:09:52 EST 2017

Sorry for the late post.
This morning I went to South End Point in East Haven near the end of Brazos Road
to check for the Snowy Owl that had been seen yesterday during the Christmas
Bird Count.  No owl (apparently it had moved back to its spot in New Haven
Harbor) but I did find a drake Barrow's Goldeneye not far off shore east of the
point.  I had checked the Common Goldeneyes just offshore but this guy was not
with them (often the case in my experience).  I believe this will be a New Haven
CBC count week species as it was not reported during the actual count yesterday.
 Thanks to Steve Broker for info on this spot.

Gina Nichol
Branford, CT