[CT Birds] Old Saybrook/Old Lyme raptors

sailcarm at aol.com sailcarm at aol.com
Sun Dec 17 16:57:11 EST 2017

After Tim's posting of the Rough-legged Hawk this morning, I went to Old Lyme's Smith Neck boat ramp and had a decent look at it hovering in the distance.

I had a much better look later from the former leaf dump hill just north of North Cove.  I scoped from there to the Old Lyme side of the river and had it perched.  Also two Bald Eagles nearby.

And 1 Peregrine Falcon flying up the river just south of the Baldwin Bridge.

At least 2 if not more No. Harriers roaming around on both sides of the river.

Lots of duck species seen today among them:  Surf Scoter, No. Shoveler, Common Goldeneye, Ruddy, and Gadwall along with the usual suspects.

Carolyn Cimino
Waterford

Sent from my iPhone