[CT Birds] Rough l Hawk and Shrike?

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 22 20:25:00 EST 2017

Yesterday up in Salisbury CT I saw a nice Rough legged Hawk on Salmon Kill Rd, plus a very distant possible Shrike. I had no scope with me and the bird was on the top of a distant small single tall stemmed tree at the edge of a big field. Was not a Kestrel for sure. Im sure it was a Shrike, but not know which one. I will look for it again soon. Of note: Up here their seems to be a lack of birds altogether. Some would  call it Dead.     Paul Carrier   Harwinton.