[CT Birds] Westport CTWE CBC 2017 Highlights

Mardi Dickinson mardi1d at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 22:20:02 EST 2017

Thank you to all our participants in the Westport CTWE 71st Annual Count this year, and the 118th anniversary of this National Audubon concept on Sunday, December 17, 2017.

We are still waiting for more results, however, so far we have tallied 118 count day species and 3 additional count period birds to date.

Here are some highlights:
1 Cackling Goose, flyover id by size and voice.
1 Greater White-fronted Goose
3 Snow Geese
1 Northern Shoveler Duck
2 Redhead (Ducks)
1 Barrow’s Goldeneye
1 Harlequin Duck (open sound waters ¾ miles east of Cockenoe Island)
1 Yellow-crowned Night-Heron
1 Orange-crowned Warbler
1 European Goldfinch, well seen, with good photos
1 Vesper Sparrow

Cheers,
Mardi & Townsend Dickinson
Compilers - Westport CTWE CBC