[CT Birds] (no subject)

Paul Plotnick pdplot2 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 17:31:57 EST 2017

Went to Cove Island area this morning around 11:15 to look for the Glaucous
Gull previously reported - a life bird for me. Must have missed it but I
did see 100+ Ring-Billed Gulls, 35+ Herring Gulls, 26 Hooded
Mergansers!(mostly in boat basin), one Kingfisher, one Great Blue, 6 Black
Ducks, 10 Mallards, 10+ House Sparrows, one Sparrow sp(maybe Song
Sparrow),2 Titmice, 2 Chickadees, one female House Finch, 5 Mourning Doves,
50+ Canada Geese, 6 Mute Swans and one immature Red-Tailed Hawk. On the
Darien side, I found 4 Hooded Mergansers, 8 Buffleheads, 5 Black Ducks, 25
Canada Geese and 4 Mallards. Nothing special.