[CT Birds] Glaucous Gull in East Haven

Julie Hart julieannhart at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 12:39:21 EST 2017

We briefly stopped at Brazos Rd on the south shore of East Haven this morning to look for the Barrow’s Goldeneye seen on Wed. We didn’t find the Barrow’s, but there were lots of goldeneyes spread out in the bay along with some scoters and long-tailed ducks. The Barrow’s could very well have been there, but we didn’t have too much time to look at the more distant birds. Hanging out on the rocks at the mouth of the river were a few Brant and some PURPLE SANDPIPERS mixed in with the Sanderlings and 1 Dunlin. There was a huge flock of gulls, mostly Ring-billed and Herring with a couple G Black-backed, plus one juvenile GLAUCOUS GULL. It was hanging out with the group of gulls and stood out with it’s dingy coloring and all white wings in flight. We managed to get a few photos which are on our eBird list.

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41246390 <http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S41246390>

Happy birding,
Julie & Daniel