[CT Birds] Stratford CBC -Area Z - highlights

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Sat Dec 23 20:36:36 EST 2017

12/23 - Despite miserable wet, cold birding conditions, we did OK in our area, tallying about 56 species. Highlights included: 2 male NORTHERN SHOVELERS (Birdseye boatramp), 3 GREEN-WINGED TEAL and a SNOWY OWL (Greenway), 3 PIED-BILLED GREBES (Frash Pond), 3 DC CORMORANTS (2 at Seawall, 1 at The Dock), 2 BLACK-CROWNED NIGHT-HERONS (private property), Cooper’s Hawk, MERLIN, 2 PEREGRINES (RR bridge tower), 18 MONK PARAKEETS and Swamp Sparrow (Shakespeare Theatre), Yellow- rumpled Warbler (Russian Beach).

Frank Mantlik, with Corrie Folsom-O’Keefe and friends

Sent from my iPad