[CT Birds] Some Notes about the Stratford-Milford CBC Saturday 12/23

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 26 11:06:56 EST 2017

The SM CBC on 12/23, was a pretty nasty washout. However, it was good for Gulls (Icelend, Glaucous, Lesser Black-backed); Geese, (Cackling, Gr White-fronted and Snow); and owls, especially Snowy Owl (4+).

I didn't yet check all reports super-carefully, but we apparently missed a lot of birds: Wood Duck, Canvasback, Horned Grebe, N Gannet, Gr Egret, Bald Eagle, Killdeer, Gr Yellowlegs, Screech Owl, YB Sapsucker, Fish Crow, RC Kinglet, Ea Bluebird, Gray Catbird, Cedar Waxwing, Savannah Sparrow, Com Grackle, BH Cowbird. If anyone had seen any of these in the Count Circle (Stratford, Milford, eastern and Central Bridgeport,  western Orange, southern Shelton and Trumbull) during Count Week (12/20 to 12/26) -- please let me know.

Steve MayoBethany