[CT Birds] Madison dead owl

Rick Gedney rrged at comcast.net
Thu Dec 28 09:14:58 EST 2017

From Rick Gedney, Madison, CT

Found the dead owl on Bradley Road opposite Madison Train Station on TUE 12/26.  It was a Barred Owl.

Could have been a car strike while on prey - there are a good number of mice etc. around the lumber yard adjacent to train station.  Red-tailed Hawk successfully nested near the yard last few years.   Nearby Tuxis Pond and surrounding wetlands good BDOW habitat.

Skin was in decent shape - some blood on bill.  Preserved by cold.

Rick Gedney
rrged at comcast.net <mailto:rrged at comcast.net>
(203) 410-6222