[CT Birds] Hoodie in Collinsville

SARAH FAULKNER sffaulkner at comcast.net
Mon Jan 1 14:30:33 EST 2018

With just about every single bit of water being frozen over, it was nice to find one, lone male hooded merganser in Collinsville.  It's in the Farmington River just south of the Route 202 bridge crossing.

My FOY bird is a song sparrow, which is a delight.  And in my brief and really, really cold birding expeditions today I got to watch a good-sized bobcat walk across the entire Collinsville mill pond in broad daylight.  Very cool. Very few birds though.  Even the pigeons were hunkered down.

Sarah Faulkner

Collinsville