[CT Birds] Rough - L Hawk and Siskins

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 2 17:31:26 EST 2018

Today after an apt in Litchfield CT, I did some birding there. On Town Farm Rd I spotted a hunting Rough-L Hawk over in the meadows by the farm. Then I went to the Morris reservoirs dirt roads and saw some birds way up in the trees. I got out and found a group of 15 Goldfinch with 2 Pine Siskin within, feeding at the top of a Yellow Birch tree. The snowy rd below them was covered with catkin debris everywhere. In with them eating from the pine trees were WB Nuthatches, Chickadees and other common birds. Of interest was I saw no other birds in here for the remaining trip out.Going through Torrington center, I spotted 2 Ravens chasing each other high over the city. Paul Carrier - Harwinton