[CT Birds] Carolina Wrens and Other Birds

Angela Dimmitt angeladimmitt at aol.com
Sun Jan 7 12:26:05 EST 2018

Kathy,
1/7 - I had a Carolina Wren at my feeders yesterday (Saturday) and a couple of times this week but on New Year's Day doing the Pawling/Hidden Valley Count in Sherman, New Fairfield and a sliver of New Milford, we had a total of 13. But that was 6 days ago.
This morning a flicker and a male bluebird have been eating the last of the ilex verticillata berries; 3 robins appeared, the kingfisher is checking out the bend in my stream, as is the Fishing Hawk aka red-shouldered; a pileated woodpecker flew over, also a black vulture.  Quite amazing they can survive at minus10 degrees.
Angela Dimmitt
New Milford