[CT Birds] Carolina wren

Lisa pcourtney at snet.net
Sun Jan 7 15:50:53 EST 2018

I have had a Carolina wren here off and on since the late fall. After the frigid temps, I was happy to see it today.  Also had a male yellow bellied sapsucker this afternoon making its way up south facing side of trees in open woods.  Lots of house finches but far less goldfinches (only counted 4) and WT sparrows than in previous winters. Also less cardinals this year, though I'm seeing more since I started adding safflower seed to sunflower hearts and black oil sunflower seed.  Lots of juncos and titmice along with nuthatches and 3 kinds of woodpeckers.
Lisa Courtney
North Guilford

Sent from my iPad