[CT Birds] Pistol Creek development in Berlin

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 1 09:24:51 EST 2018

Happy New Year to all the birders on the list! And congratulations to those of you brave enough to get out in this incredibly cold weather to do the CBC's.

I am wondering what is going on with the property next to Pistol Creek on the Berlin/Middletown line. There are signs saying that property is available to build 25 houses...the signs are on either side of Atkins Rd. This area currently includes walking trails and good habitat for birds. I thought these were land trust properties. I cannot imagine a large development going in there. Does anyone know about this?