[CT Birds] First bird for 2018

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Mon Jan 1 12:14:54 EST 2018

Well I am a carnivore.  They eat mainly ants, I think.  I tried chocolate
covered ants once in the 60's.  Not my favorite but everything's better
with chocolate.  I was checking on them and find they are monogamous which
I will have been for 50 years this April 27th.  I also saw they are
described as having attractive plumage and a gentle facial expression.  One
thing I read which did not occur for me was that the male does most of the
feeding of the young.  Not MY experience!

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut