[CT Birds] Snowy Owl Manchester

Annette Pasek apasek at cox.net
Mon Jan 1 20:43:11 EST 2018

Heading home today from Boston, I saw a Snowy Owl perched on a highway light on the north side of I 84 west between exits 63 and 62 (closer to 63).  My eyes were peeled entering the first Hartford county town of Manchester, hoping to have a first bird and start my competition list, for the HAS Second annual Big January contest.  Time was approximately 4:30 p.m.  My first bird was a Red-tailed Hawk.  My fourth was the Snowy owl.  First seeing the silhouette as a larger bird, I expected an Owl.  After exclaiming about this siting, my husband pretty much laughed the whole way home.

Annette Pasek
apasek at cox.net <mailto:apasek at cox.net>
Naturalist Certification
Native landscaping can reduce your carbon footprint!