[CT Birds] Hamden: Upper Lake Whitney Cycle, Jan 13, 2018: near-record un-birdy

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Sat Jan 13 22:50:01 EST 2018

1)  A near-record lack of birds around upper Lake Whitney this afternoon.  GBHE notable, showing how quickly a bit of shore water can open up given rain & warmth.  Today's sparse report below.

2)  Thursday we had here at North Lake, on the old big antenna, a Peregrine Falcon.  After entering on ebird, I checked my records:  3rd sighting, the other two 17 Jan 2016, & 16 Feb 2017.  Hmmmm.
	This link should take anyone to some photos & video:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156030417244042.1073741910.525184041&type=1&l=bb56c6cb67

	(Friday's COHA:  https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10156032357089042.1073741911.525184041&type=1&l=a5208cabef)