[CT Birds] Yellow-headed blackbird back in Preston

David Provencher hikerbirder1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 08:59:11 EST 2018

The young male yellow-headed blackbird made another appearance this morning
at our feeders at 11 Ortega Drive in Preston. I'm actually on the road
birding but Mary called me and said he's back. Birders are welcome in the
yard. The Blackbirds are skittish. They seem to be spending most of their
time at Mattern dairy farm on Mattern Road. Setting up a scope in our yard
by The Stonewall maybe a good place to try to watch in both directions.
Dave Provencher