[CT Birds] MEGA BOWL: February 3, 2018

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Mon Jan 15 15:27:36 EST 2018

Hello, CT birders!

The second annual Mega Bowl of New Haven County will be held on Saturday,
February 3, 2018.  All are welcome to participate.  Hosted by the New Haven
Bird Club, the event involves birding in teams of 3-4 people, going anywhere
in New Haven County.  Points are awarded for each species seen (on a scale
of 1 to 5, from most common to rarest).  The celebratory dinner will be held
that evening at the Kellogg Environmental Center in Derby.  All participants
will receive gift certificates to The Audubon Shop in Madison or The Fat
Robin in Hamden.  Additional prizes will be awarded for a variety of
categories (such as youngest and oldest participants).  The team achieving
the highest score will have its name inscribed on the Mega Bowl trophy and
each member of the team will receive a 2018 Migratory Bird Conservation
Stamp.  This is a FUN event that should not be missed!  To sign up, simply
contact me, either with the name and participants of your team, or give me
your name and contact information and I will match you up with other birders
to form a team.  Further details about the Mega Bowl can be found on the New
Haven Bird Club website and the COA calendar.    I hope to see you there!

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge

closcalz at optonline.net