[CT Birds] Link & more info: Re: Zepko Audubon Camp Scholarship 2018

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Thu Jan 18 19:20:58 EST 2018

Link to relevant COA page:

http://www.ctbirding.org/2017/12/04/zepko-audubon-camp-scholarship-2018/

Further information pasted below.

> On Jan 18, 2018, at 6:15 PM, Maureen Wolter via CTBirds <ctbirds at lists.ctbirding.org> wrote:
>
> APPLICATION DEADLINE IS JANUARY 31st.The 2018 Zepko Audubon Camp Scholarship will cover the full cost of the Coastal Maine Bird Studies for Teens program at National Audubons Hog Island Camp. Teens must be between ages 14 and 17 and be residents of Connecticut. Further information and the application can be found on the COA website Connecticut Ornithological Association | COA | Connecticut Ornithological Association
> Maureen Wolter860-384-1819
>

> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

Zepko Audubon Camp Scholarship 2018
Posted by COAWebAdmin on Dec 4, 2017
Zepko Audubon Camp Scholarship 2018

The Connecticut Ornithological Association (COA) is pleased to announce that through the great generosity of one of our founding members, George W. Zepko ,  we now are offering one Zepko Audubon Camp  Scholarship in 2018 to nurture interest in bird study and conservation among young birders.  When George was a teenager, he received a scholarship to the Audubon Camp of Maine (now known as the Hog Island Audubon Camp), which started his life-long interest in birds and natural history.  He has made it possible for COA to offer a similar opportunity to new generations of birders and naturalists.

The 2018 scholarship will cover the full cost ($1,395.00) of the Coastal Maine Bird Studies for Teens program at National Audubon’s Hog Island camp during the week of June 17-22, 2018. The cost includes housing, boat travel, and all meals. The scholarship recipient will be responsible for the cost of transportation to and from the camp.

Applicants must be a Connecticut resident, ages 14-17, and must submit a written application and two letters of reference. Preference will be given to applicants with individual or family COA membership. To be considered a member, an applicant may join the club at the time of application.

Download the application by clicking here.
http://www.ctbirding.org/wp-content/uploads/Combined-Young-Birder-Scholarship-Application.pdf

Completed applications and references must be received by the COA by January 31, 2018.