[CT Birds] More on John McNeely

Bob Cartoceti attyrc at aol.com
Fri Jan 19 00:53:51 EST 2018

In 2002 I had the great fortune of traveling to Cuba as a member of a bird survey team led by John McNeely.
On that trip I learned that John was a kind and compassionate man as well as an excellent field birder.  I will remember his affable manner and genuine interest in improving the condition of the places where he traveled on that island, and most especially his commitment to advancing the well being of the people with whom he met there. John was indeed a good will ambassador for birding; his work in Cuba was a testament to how a concern for nature can unite in extraordinary ways people of differing cultures. He was, most simply,  a  true gentleman. RIP, John.

Bob Cartoceti

Sent from my iPhone