[CT Birds] MEGA BOWL II

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sun Jan 21 19:19:35 EST 2018

Hello, CT birders!

The second annual Mega Bowl of birding in New Haven County will be held on
Saturday, February 3, 2018.  All are welcome to participate.  Hosted by the
New Haven Bird Club, the event involves birding in teams of 3-4 people,
going anywhere in New Haven County.  Points are awarded for each species
seen (on a scale of 1 to 5, from most common to rarest).  The celebratory
dinner will be held that evening at the Kellogg Environmental Center in
Derby.  All participants will receive gift certificates to The Audubon Shop
in Madison or The Fat Robin in Hamden.  Additional prizes will be awarded
for a variety of categories (such as youngest and oldest participants).  The
team achieving the highest score will have its name inscribed on the Mega
Bowl trophy and each member of the team will receive a 2018 Migratory Bird
Conservation Stamp.  This is a FUN event that should not be missed!  To sign
up, simply contact me, either with the name and participants of your team,
or give me your name and contact information and I will match you up with
other birders to form a team.  Further details about the Mega Bowl can be
found on the New Haven Bird Club website and the COA calendar.    I hope to
see you there!

Chris Loscalzo,

Woodbridge

closcalz at optonline.net