[CT Birds] Female Towhee

Patricia Bailey bails at att.net
Wed Jan 17 21:07:01 EST 2018

Had a Female Towhee up on the seed tray at one of my feeders today.  Got pretty close to it as I didn’t see it at first.  Put more seed on the seed tray and she came back and got a good chance to eat before a female Cardinal moved in.  Mostly males go up on the seed tray during the summer, but had a female use it as well this past summer.  Definitely saw a chocolate brown bib on her, but my photos showed it as black.   It was snowing lightly and a very gray day.  Perhaps she’ll be back tomorrow in better lighting.
Pat Bailey
Sherman, CT