[CT Birds] Hartford County, various locations: Grt Blue Heron, Hooded Merganser, Kingfisher, Black Vulture, Peregrine Falcon

John Weeks aerie.john at cox.net
Sat Jan 20 16:26:46 EST 2018

Manchester: Laurel Marsh Loop and the New State Road Hiking Trail (part of the Hockanum River Linear Park; starting behind the Cheney Technical High School):  Great Blue Heron, male Belted Kingfisher, female Hooded Merganser, 15 Cedar Waxwings. We may have glimpsed the GW Teal reported here yesterday by Andrea Perko.

East Hartford:  Black Vulture flying just north of Rte 44/Burnside Ave behind the former Marco Polo Restaurant (now Godarvi "Truly South Indian" Restaurant).  Judging from various reports this year and last, I have the impression that BLVU are partial to the Hockanum River watershed.

Interstate 91 just south of Exit 38 (Poquonock/Rte 75):  Peregrine Falcon flew over the highway.

John Weeks
Chris Chinni
North Granby