[CT Birds] Yellow rumped warblers South Windsor + more

SARAH FAULKNER sffaulkner at comcast.net
Sun Jan 21 16:18:20 EST 2018

A nice morning/afternoon birding with Jay Kaplan and Jamie Meyers.  We were especially lucky to find 3 yellow rumped warblers in the edge habitat at the end of Strong Road in South Windsor, by the river.  Lots of birds there -- flickers, downy woodpeckers, a robin, white breasted nuthatches, and more.

Station 43 yielded rusty blackbirds, a kingfisher, a pheasant, and lots of house and goldfinches.

Desmond's Pond in South Windsor -- at the eastern end of Strong Road -- was a green winged teal (thanks John Weeks and Chris Chinni!)

And at Willowbrook Park in New Britain we found 2 ravens and a merlin, but, alas, no monk parakeets.

Sarah Faulkner