[CT Birds] Yellow rumped warblers South Windsor + more

jaybrd49 at aol.com jaybrd49 at aol.com
Mon Jan 22 16:31:49 EST 2018

The Hartford Audubon Society only owns 10 acres of the Station 43 Marsh in South Windsor.  The remainder is private property or is managed by the South Windsor Sportsmen's Association.  The part that Hartford Audubon owns, upon which a platform has been erected that looks over the marsh, is accessed by walking down an old farm track between houses that is called the Newberry Road Extension.  One must park carefully on Main Street and the track is found opposite the intersection with Newberry Road. The yellow-rumped warblers were at the end of Strong Road, north of Station 43 marsh.  Drive north on Main Street and turn left down another farm road opposite the paved portion of Strong Road that goes right off Main Street.  Drive past the fields and old barns to the end, then walk right up the edge of the field.  Listen for warbler chip notes.

Jay Kaplan
Canton