[CT Birds] Long Beach Stratford

Monica Nichols manichols1993 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 12:44:34 EST 2018

Wow had the most incredible northern harrier experience just now.

Was walking back to my car along the marsh side and all of a sudden this harrier pops up from the ground maybe 10 feet away in the brush towards the water. I stayed still where I was and she went back to feeding after flying a small circle. We just looked at each other once in a while with an understanding. It was amazing. When she finally flew, she did a circle about 20 feet in front of me and let me take a nice flight shot and then continued on her way. Wow what a surprise!!

Sent from my iPhone