[CT Birds] Big January Ends on Wednesday!

SARAH FAULKNER sffaulkner at comcast.net
Mon Jan 29 07:15:57 EST 2018

THREE DAYS LEFT!!!!!

The Hartford Big January of Birding, sponsored by the Hartford Audubon Socieety, ends at, well, the end of January!  You have three days left to get the minimum species to enter!  I know I've been seeing lots of folks out birding in Hartford County this month.  I look forward to seeing your lists and printing out your certificates!  And for the top winners there are fabulous prizes.

But it's not about the competition -- it's about getting outside and seeing the birds.  OK, and the competition.  I'm going to take yet another trip to New Britain myself to try (again) for those monk parakeets... I want them on my January list.

Reminder about how to participate:

* Adults: 65 or more species in Hartford County
* Teens: ages 11-17, 35 or more species in Hartford County
* Youth: ages 4-10, 25 or more species in Hartford County

Please send your list by February 9th to sffaulkner at comcast.net mailto:sffaulkner at comcast.net .  There are two formats possible for submission: 1) your ebird.org list, which you can download and forward to me for the month (be sure to only include sites in Hartford County), or 2) you can write or type up a list that includes the date, species, and location seen.  Either one will work, but please email by the 9th.

I can't wait to see the lists!

Sarah Faulkner

Vice President, Hartford Audubon Society

*There's also the COA Big January -- I'm doing both, myself!