[CT Birds] Branford back yard, Red Shouldered Hawk and Raven.

Lemmon lemmon at snet.net
Mon Jan 29 23:45:11 EST 2018

Yesterday a Red Shouldered Hawk managed to steal beef suet from the grocery store stuffed in the woodpecker feeder.  Today a Raven took a hunk of suet from a nail pounded in the top of one of the covered feeders.  This was the first time I have ever put out beef suet in our yard as I usually use suet cakes or bark butter.  It is very effective attracting many woodpeckers, Carolina Wren, and Yellow-bellied Sapsucker at the Branford Supply Ponds where it is pounded into the crevices of the cedar tree by the pond.

Carol LemmonBranford