[CT Birds] charitable giving

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 10 12:16:48 EST 2018

For those interested in supporting Audubon, NRDC, or any 501C charity, you can give directly from your IRA, 401K or 457, etc., tax free. I have recently started taking my required minimum distributions. Rather than take a deduction for charitable giving on my income tax, I instead donated directly to the charity from my IRA.. You need to speak to the broker or representative and have them cut the check so you don't see the money at all. This amount is not taxed. This is a tax credit, which is much more advantageous to you than a deduction. You can even support local charities so long as they are a 501c. Hope this makes sense.


More information about the CTBirds mailing list