[CT Birds] Attention all Bird Groups

Patrick Comins pcomins at ctaudubon.org
Mon Feb 12 11:21:49 EST 2018

There is an important piece of federal legislation that is being discussed in the House at the moment.  H.R. 4647 "Recovering America's Wildlife Act" would take a small portion of royalties from offshore and federal land energy extraction activities and use them to fund our State Wildlife Action Plans.   It is estimated that this would bring more than $12,000,000 in annual funding for the implementation of our State Wildlife Action Plan in Connecticut (conservation, habitat management and restoration, research and education efforts).    This would be a game-changer for wildlife conservation in Connecticut, which has historically ranked among the lowest in per-capita funding for non-game wildlife conservation efforts.   Please consider signing your group on to become a member of the Alliance for America's Fish and Wildlife to be kept up-to-date with and express your support for efforts to pass this critical legislation.   Thank you!

Since I can't attach files, please let me know if you would like me to send the form to you to sign your group up.

Patrick M. Comins
Executive Director, The Connecticut Audubon Society

314 Unquowa Road
Fairfield, CT 06824
203-259-0416 x107
Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/CTAudubon>