[CT Birds] Spring has definitely arrived at our house.

perrier04 perrier04 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 25 13:59:09 EST 2018

A Hairy Woodpecker has been very fond of the side of my friend's house (right outside the bedrooms) for years, in the Broad Brook section of East Windsor. A Red-bellied Woodpecker was my first bird of the year, at that location. And a Carolina Wren sang for a couple of minutes in 10-degree weather, at 7:30 in the morning on a Saturday about three weeks ago, to let everyone know he had survived the big freeze here at the beginning of the year. I have heard him a couple times since.

Michael Santner
Westfield, MA