[CT Birds] River Otter

Angela Dimmitt angeladimmitt at aol.com
Tue Feb 27 08:58:04 EST 2018

2/26 - Off topic, I know, but of great interest to me - this afternoon walking up the road I found a dead River Otter, apparently hit by a car but with no outward damage.  A simply beautiful creature, heart-breaking.  Saw two animals swimming up my stream a few days before and presumed beavers, but perhaps a pair of otters, doubly tragic.  The DEEP had no interest in the otter but I have found a good solution, an old Native American who lives off the land.  I had never seen an otter near here, although there have been sightings in Sherman, including at Wimisink Marsh.
Angela Dimmitt
New Milford