[CT Birds] Extralimital: Rye NY Tufted Duck YES

Ryan Maclean ryanmac335 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:53:33 EST 2018

Sent this to the list during the service interruption around 12:30 PM

Tom Burke just called to inform me that the male TUFTED DUCK on Playland
Lake in Rye NY has been refound and is being seen right now. According to
Tom the bird is with the group of 100+ Scaup on the back side of Playland
Lake and would likely best be viewed by taking the trails at Edith Read
Sanctuary. This is only about 10 minutes from Greenwich CT off of I-95.
Here's a GoogleMap of the location:

Will send updates whenever I get them. Nice to know that we've had both
male and female Tufteds close by this winter. Tom also reports an Iceland
Gull at the location as well,

-Ryan MacLean
Audubon Greenwich