[CT Birds] Hairy Woodpeckers

Angela Dimmitt angeladimmitt at aol.com
Tue Jun 5 14:24:30 EDT 2018

Thanks,  Dave - it just struck me as very early for a fully-fledged independent Hairy (he did not appear to be with Mom), even thought the Atlas safe date is 4/25.  Now, subsequent to my last post, a brown adult male arrived in addition to the two adult females, one of which is also brown - so perhaps they are an item.  I did not notice the juvie as being brown so maybe I have two families in my yard.  Have not seen him again.

Angela Dimmitt
New Milford