[CT Birds] The Feather Thief plus wrens

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 20 13:44:08 EDT 2018

Just got a new book from my library, "The Feather Thief: Beauty, Obsession and the Natural History Heist of the Century" by Kirk Johnson. This is a true crime story of the theft of hundreds of bird skins from the British Museum by a  champion fly-tier. These feathers are worth a huge amount to some who are obsessed with Victorian fly-tying. Who knew?!  Looks like a real page-turner.

I have finally found the nest of the house wren in my garage. It's on top of and inside of my garage door opener. Good thing I left the door open the past few weeks. Whether I will need a new opener remains to be seen...they poked sticks into every little opening and vent.

Zellene