[CT Birds] Mississippi Kite- Monroe

jaho326 at aol.com jaho326 at aol.com
Wed Jun 20 15:10:35 EDT 2018

I should have mentioned in my last post that I saw the Mississippi Kite fly over our backyard on June 15th.  I emailed Frank Mantlik a photo and he confirmed my ID and I reported it on e-Bird including the photo.This was my second sighting.  Today I was able to get another good look with binoculars and was able to get one photo before it flew off.  We live on the Monroe/Shelton town line.  It will be interesting to see if there are any other sightings.

Here's a link to the e-Bird report-

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46600007

Janet Holt
Monroe, CT