[CT Birds] CT bird atlas - blog posts

Chris Elphick elphick at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jul 23 12:40:38 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,
I've not posted here every time we put something new on the blog, but we have two recent posts that might be of wide interest.
The first is a caution about when to use the FL (fledged young) breeding code, now that many young birds are moving around and can be seen far from where they hatched:http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/index.php/2018/07/21/the-trouble-with-fledglings/

The second includes some (very preliminary) data summaries, including maps of survey effort and species counts:
http://ctbirdatlas.org/blog/index.php/2018/07/23/mid-summer-atlas-update/
Lots of data is not yet incorporated into our data base, so maps will change as we add all this additional information, but I thought everyone would be interested to see the great progress that has already been made.
Chris
 Chris Elphick @ssts
Storrs, CT elphick at sbcglobal.net