[CT Birds] Seabirds - NL ferry

Frank Mantlik mantlik at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 25 08:47:23 EDT 2018

7/25. Long Is. Sound, New London ferry. Five of us rode the 7am New London ferry to Orient, NY ( where we are now). There weren’t a lot of birds, but in CT we saw 1 GREAT SHEARWATER, 4 CORY’S SHEARWATERS, and 1 WILSON’S STORM-PETREL. Photos obtained of most.  In NY we saw 2 CORY’S SHEARWATERS, 1 WILSON’S STORM-PETREL and 2 PARASITIC JAEGERS.
Return trip soon.

Another ferry-riding birder yesterday reported to eBird that he saw 5 CORY’S and 1 GREAT SHEARWATER in CT waters.

Frank Mantlik
Stratford

Sent from my iPhone