[CT Birds] Roseate Spoonbill info?

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 22:37:12 EDT 2018

>From what I understand, the bird did not return to roost as of 7:45pm. It
was last seen at 7:02 by Patrick Dugan flying down river. Congratulations
to Paul Raccuia for finding this long awaited first state record and I’m
glad that we were somehow able to relocate this bird days later. Also, the
Maine bird has a very noticeable hole on the right side of the upper
‘spoon’ which I did not notice on this bird (although distant) so there’s a
good chance it’s a different individual.

**** A word to those going to look for this bird.. This area is a very
quiet, residential area so PLEASE be mindful of the residents. Do not
trespass or block driveways etc.. We met some of the neighbors today and
thankfully everyone seemed excited and happy for those who were able to see
the bird. I imagine there will be many more people looking here in the next
few days so please be respectful and polite to the residents. The
surrounding side streets offer nothing in the way of vantage points without
staring into people’s homes or backyards so it’s not worth the trouble..

Good luck to those who go!

Stefan Martin
Greenwich