[CT Birds] Bluff Point: 17+ warbler spp, frustrating hummer, Philly vireos, etc.

David Provencher hikerbirder1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 15:04:41 EDT 2018

Just reviewed my pics from Bluff Point this morning. I also photographed in
flight at least 5 Cape Mays. Additional to the list I photographed 1
Northern Waterthrush in flight. Interestingly I also photographed in flight
a Blackpoll still in breeding plumage, unexpected this time of year. Going
through the photos I was struck by just how many Northern Parulas went
through today and how the mix seems to be still an early migration one.
Normally by this time of year Blackpolls are a significant portion of the
overall flight. Not so today, as I only identified 2 with an additional 2
"Baypoll"s. Hopefully this means opportunities for more good days to come.

On another Note, both Nick and I (with our cameras) were away from the
group when the Selasphorus hummer was seen. Dang.

Dave Provencher
Preston