[CT Daily] 11/27/2007

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Tue Nov 27 22:57:38 EST 2007

 From Ken Andresen:
11/27 - Colebrook yard -- NORTHERN SHRIKE; It attacked my window a
couple of times but had flown away before I was able to photograph it.

 From Bill Banks:
11/27 - West Haven, Yale Tennis Stadium on Route 34 -- 12:15PM, 1
Light Phase ROUGH-LEGGED HAWK hunting in the marsh.

 From Ted Gilman:
11/27 - Greenwich, Audubon Center -- PEREGRINE FALCON flying west at
tree top level over the top of the Kimberlin nature center building;
PINE SISKINS at feeders among AMERICAN GOLDFINCHES at intern house.

 From Mike Maurer:
11/27 - Groton, I-95 at exit 87 -- 4 BLACK VULTURES

 From Rick Gedney:
11/27 - Middlefield, Lyman Orchard pond -- 12:30 PM 1 adult GREATER
WHITE-FRONTED GOOSE, 1 NORTHERN PINTAIL among the barnyard potpourri
of various Canadas, Graylags, Mallards, Domestic ducks, Muscovys and
Swan Geese.  Goose on north bank, one Pintail observed on pond at
first arrival then gone upon subsequent scans.

 From Don Morgan:
11/27 - East Windsor, Station 43 -- 8 American Pipits, 2 PEREGRINE
FALCONS.

 From Ann Orsillo:
11/27 - Goshen, hay field off Brynmoor Court -- 14 American Pipits

 From Greg Hanisek
11/26 - New Haven, East Shore Park -- 3 CAVE SWALLOWS, 3 NORTHERN
ROUGH-WINGED SWALLOWS (every day marks another record late date), 4
Red-breasted Nuthatches, 1 Brown Creeper, 3 Palm Warblers.

 From Nick Bonomo:
11/26 - New Haven, Fort Hale Park -- first-cycle LESSER BLACK-BACKED
GULL with an injured left wing

 From Luke Tiller
11/26 - Wilton, Allen's Meadows -- 1 Northern Shrike (2.00pm)

 From Susanne Shrader
11/25 - Litchfield, Bantam Lake -- 3 NORTHERN PINTAIL, 1 NORTHERN
SHOVELER.

 From Mike Doyle:
11/25 - Litchfield, N. Shore Rd. (Bantam Lake's Pt. Folly) -- 1 male
NORTHERN SHOVELER, 4 Northern Pintails.

 From Dave Rosgen:
11/25 - Colebrook, Eno Hill & Durst Rd. (Arnold Park) -- 1 EVENING
GROSBEAK.