[CT Daily] 10/10/2008

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Oct 10 21:32:47 EDT 2008

 From Luke Tiller and Phil Henson:
10/10 - Wilton, Allen's Meadows -- 1 GRASSHOPPER SPARROW, 1 Vesper
Sparrow, 1 Lincoln's Sparrow, 4 White-crowned Sparrows

 From Patrick Dugan, Jim Dugan, Dave Winston:
10/10 - Stamford, Cove Island Wildlife Sanctuary -- 6:45-10AM.
Yellow-breasted Chat, Dickcissel, Lincoln's Sparrow, Purple Finch,
Pipit fly over, several White-crowned Sparrows.

 From Brian Bielfelt and/or Brian O'Toole:
10/10 - Greenwich, Audubon Greenwich -- 4 Pine Siskins from the Quaker
Ridge Hawkwatch.  Also Purple Finches for the past few days.
Dickcissel in the vicinity of hawkwatch with House Sparrow flock.
Swainson's Thrush frequenting a nearby dogwood.

 From Brian O'Toole, Shaun Martin, Richard Trepp, Ryan MacLean:
10/10 - Greenwich, Fairchild Garden -- Clay-Colored Sparrow, evening,
in the meadow.  Shaun and Rich found the bird earlier in the
afternoon.  Lots of other sparrows were present including
White-Crowned and Lincoln's.  A few Pine Siskins were flyovers.

 From Fran and Tom Holloway:
10/10 - Madison, Hammonasset State Park - About 8:15 one AMERICAN
BITTERN.

 From Andy Thiede:
10/10 - Berlin Yard -- Purple Finch at my feeder this morning.

 From Carolyn Cimino:
10/10 - Groton, Poquonnock River Walkway --  2 immature WHITE-CROWNED
SPARROWS.
Waterford, Harkness SP -- 7 WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS (6 were imm.)

 From Peter DeGennaro:
10/10 - Naugatuck, Naugatuck Industrial Park - White-crowned Sparrow.

 From Bruce Finnan:
10/10 - Newtown, I-84W -- COMMON RAVEN seen flying over the highway
(just past exit 9) this morning on my way to work.  A crow noticed it
at about the same time and was changing course to give chase just as I
was passing them.

 From Paul Carrier:
10/10 - Bristol, reservoir #7 -- 1 LINCOLN'S SPARROW/

 From Dave Rosgen:
10/10 - Winchester, 126 Laurel Way (Rosgen Wildlife Sanctuary) -- 1
Common Raven harassing 1 Red-shouldered Hawk

 From Dave Rosgen, w/ John Eykelhoff:
10/09 - Litchfield, White's Wood Rd. (White Memorial's Cemetery Pond)
-- 2 Blue-winged Teal, 5 Rusty Blackbirds.

 From Dave Rosgen:
10/09 - Litchfield, S. Lake St. (White Memorial's Little Pond
Boardwalk -- 5:45 p.m. 'til dark, 2 Virginia Rails, 2 Wilson's Snipe,
1 American Woodcock, 15 Marsh Wrens, 10 Rusty Blackbirds.
White Hall Rd. (White Memorial's Museum Area & Ongley & Activity
Fields) -- 4 Purple Finches.

 From Gerri Griswold:
10/09 - Winchester, Rugg Brook Rd. (Winchester Club Pond) -- 1 Common
Raven.