[CT Daily] 02/18/2010

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Feb 18 23:59:06 EST 2010

 From Jim and Carol Zipp:
02/18/10 -Hamden Yard.  about 25 RUSTY BLACKBIRDS briefly earlier this
morning. We put out a fairly large amounts of seed on the ground that
seems to attract them and actually didn't see one up on a feeder.
Ground feeding seems to be the way to get them.

 From Tina Green:
02/18/10 - Westport, Sherwood Island SP -- 1 NORTHERN PINTAIL (drake)
in the Mill Pond before you enter the park, 2 RED-BREASTED NUTHATCHES
in the pine grove.

 From Ray Belding:
02/18/10 - Southbury, top of Constitution Hill -- 7 Eastern
Meadowlarks feeding along the roadside.  his road passes through the
Southbury Training School.  The location is 1.2 miles from the main
road.

 From Paul Cianfaglione:
02/18/10 - Hartford, Riverside Park -- 1 RED-BREASTED MERGANSER (less
common inland).

 From SH Johnston:
02/18/10 - Farmington yard -- 1 BROWN CREEPER at suet feeder.

 From  John Ogren:
02/18/10 - Old Saybrook, Baldwin Bridge -- PEREGRINE FALCON sitting on
one of the bridge piers by boat launch.
Otter Cove area -- BROWN CREEPER.
Dock n Dine -- 5 LESSER SCAUP.

From Frank Mantlik:
02/17/10 - Westport, Riverside Ave. near I-95 bridge -- 1 PEREGRINE
FALCON (resident),
Westport, Compo Beach & vicinity -- adult ICELAND GULL continues.