[CT Daily] 02/24/2010

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Thu Feb 25 22:21:47 EST 2010

 From SH Johnston:
02/25/10 - Farmington, Mill Lane -- 1 HARLEQUIN DUCK (drake) continues
in the mill pond below the Grist Mill Restaurant at 8:00 am. The river
is rising rapidly so we can expect the duck to move away from the mill
pond until the water falls. I am wondering when we would expect it to
move north?
02/24/10 - Farmington, Farmington River, behind cemetery on Garden
Street -- 1 BROWN CREEPER at suet feeder in yard.

 From Marty Moore:
02/25/10 - Wallingford -- Fox Sparrow was under my feeders today near
North Farms Reservoir; very unusual for this neighborhood.

 From Robert Dixon:
02/25/10 - Sterling -- ICELAND GULL observed picking through garbage
on Church  St. and on the ice at Sterling Pond.

 From Sean Murtha:
02/23/10 - Greenwich, Grassy Island -- two Winter Wren and a
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker in the wet woods behind the water treatment
area.