[CT Daily] 11/04/2011

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Nov 4 21:47:20 EDT 2011

 From Frank Mantlik:
11/04/11 - Stratford, Prospect Dr, Stratford Point -- 2 ROYAL TERNS,
calling, flew upriver close to bluff at 1:20 pm.  Also here, 3
American Pipits.

 From Steve Spector:
11/04/11 - Milford, Silver Sands SP -- set in deep blue sky, juvenile
Golden Eagle around 3:00 PM drifting west.  Greatly diminished number
of sparrows.

 From Dave Rosgen:
11/04/11 - Litchfield, Bantam Lake -- 2 BLACK SCOTER, 7 WHITE-WINGED
SCOTER, 5 SURF SCOTER, 3 LONG-TAILED DUCK, 2 RED-NECKED GREBE, 3
BONAPARTE'S GULL.

 From Scott Kruitbosch, others:
11/04/11 - Stratford, Boothe Memorial Park -- 21 NORTHERN PINTAIL, 1
COMMON RAVEN.

 From Luke Tiller:
11/04/11 - Greenwich, Quaker Ridge -- A quieter day than one might
have expected today at the watch. Highlights included a kettle of 10
Black Vultures (for a total of eleven on the day - what they are doing
migration wise I dunno but I counted them today), 3 Golden Eagles and
1 Northern Goshawk. On the deck not much to report, just a lingering
Fox Sparrow that has been around for a couple of days now and two
Rusty Blackbirds.

 From Bev Propen:
11/04/11 - Orange, backyard -- 8:05AM, 1 BROWN CREEPER on bark of
flowering plum tree.

 From Nick Bonomo:
11/04/11 - New Haven, East Shore Park -- 3 Black Vulture.