[CT Daily] 09/11/2013

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Wed Sep 11 22:54:26 EDT 2013

 From Hank Golet:
09/11/13 - Old Lyme, Great Island -- BAIRD'S SANDPIPER.

 From Tina Green with AJ and Sue Hand on their boat:
09/11/13 - Norwalk/Westport, entrance to Canfield Island Creek and
marsh between Saugatuck Shores in Westport and Shorehaven in Norwalk
-- Least Bittern (spotted sitting on the spartina at the edge of the
channel allowing for outstanding extended views with the late day sun
perfectly lighting the most beautiful Least Bittern I've ever seen), 3
Little Blue Heron, 4 Yellow-crowned Night-Heron.

 From Sara Zagorski:
09/11/13 - West Hartford. Rt 44 Powerline -- A quiet morning as usual
here, but of the few birds I saw, some of them were a Tennessee
Warbler, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, and Common Nighthawk.

 From Jim Carr:
09/11/13 - Madison, Hammonasset State Park, Boulder Pond, near road by
traffic circle -- 9:15 AM; possible Western Sandpiper.

`