ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org

For discussing birds and birding in Connecticut

View all threads

Re: Bad Eve in Wilton

JB
Joe Bear
Tue, May 17, 2022 11:53 PM

Interesting Rick as yesterday morning, 7:15am, I was on my deck (abuts the
north end of the Wilton Town Forest) and below me 30' away was a very large
black bear.  It came right in front of our kitchen window and walked up the
driveway (perhaps to your house which is only 4miles away!).

Joe Bear
Wilton
Go GATORS!

"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the
rest of the world
."

-John Muir

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 19:22:11 -0400
From: Rick Kenneally rick.kenneally@gmail.com
Subject: [CT Birds] Bad evening in Wilton
To: ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org

A very large black bear just tore down all our feeders and is methodically
cracking them open to empty them. It is very unimpressed by my marine air
horn.

This is our third bear incursion on the feeders over the past couple
years. I think our bird feeding days may be over.

Rick
Wilton
*

Interesting Rick as yesterday morning, 7:15am, I was on my deck (abuts the north end of the Wilton Town Forest) and below me 30' away was a very large black bear. It came right in front of our kitchen window and walked up the driveway (perhaps to your house which is only 4miles away!). Joe Bear Wilton Go GATORS! *"**When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world**."* *-John Muir* > Message: 6 > Date: Tue, 17 May 2022 19:22:11 -0400 > From: Rick Kenneally <rick.kenneally@gmail.com> > Subject: [CT Birds] Bad evening in Wilton > To: ctbirds@lists.ctbirding.org > Message-ID: <6531C6D5-FC16-40A9-9158-2F1051EA045D@gmail.com> > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii > > A very large black bear just tore down all our feeders and is methodically > cracking them open to empty them. It is very unimpressed by my marine air > horn. > > This is our third bear incursion on the feeders over the past couple > years. I think our bird feeding days may be over. > > Rick > Wilton > * >